Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Visual Source Safe

The new company that I am currently worked with is heavily using SourceSafe. It was a good practice to have a centralised copy of the projects where everyone is maintaining the latest one. Being new toward the visual product, I googled it and found out there are quite a number of negative respond toward the use of sourcesafe. I would not comment on it as I am still new toward it. However, to be inline with the team I am working with, using it is unavoidable.

I am creating this post to log my discovery toward the little product which I have heard of since a while now and sharing what I've learnt on the product. Hope it will be useful for others like me who is new on Microsoft Visual Source Safe. Feel free to drop comments or feedback should you have any. I'm wondering if there's any alternative product that archieve the same objective..

Related articles: Visual SourceSafe FAQ, Short tutorial from SoftSteel

Your Ad Here