Saturday, April 16, 2005

Email Scam?

Okey, I only heard about "email scam" from friends. But, I wonder, how email scam looks like? "Fortunately", I got one today. It's great huh? Below are the content of the email that i received...

The source/sender's email address : drokwuego1 @ latinmail. com
FROM THE DESK OF BILL AND EXCHANGE DEPARTMENT,
DR OKWU EGO
BANQUE INTERNATIONALE DE LAFRIQUE DE LOUEST BIAO
ABIDJAN, REPUBLIC OF COTE D,IVOIRE
WEST AFRICA
DIRECT LINE TEL 225-05-66-37-31
PLEASE DO CONTACT ME ON THIS EMAIL (drokwu@tsamail.co.za)

ATTN
I humbly crave your indulgence in sending you this mail, if the contents does not meet with your personal and business ethics, I appologise in advance.

I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittancedepartment of Banque internationale de lafrique delouest Abidjan (BIAO) I am writing following the impressive information about you through my reseach from your country directory. its assured me of your capability and reliability to champion this businees opportunity.

In my departmentn I discovered an abandoned sum of $18.5m US dollars eighteen million, five hundred thousand U.S dollars .In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in a concord plane crash in the year 2000 in paris that almost took the whole life of the pasengeres on board Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come overand claim his money because we cannot release unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or beneficiary died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

Therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the money to you as the beneficiary or next of kin to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don?t want this money to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclamed after Six years the money will be transfered into the Banktreasury account as unclaimedfund, The request of foreigner as the beneficiary or next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the cust

*Quite long. I didn't actually read it tho. I'm wondering, is there any ways to prevent people from being scam? Hrmmm..

Your Ad Here