Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Flood your Word document with "=rand()" command

I remembered once my friend ask me to type in "=rand( )" in a new Words document and press enter, i followed what my friend asked me. Then i get the sentence "the quick brown dog jumps over the lazy fox" displayed on my Words.. I felt it was something cool, then i search through the net, and below are what i found:

Definition to the "=rand()" command
Type =rand("nr") where "nr" stands for a number; e.g.
=rand(90) generates 6 pages of quick brown foxes...

There's also another way, "= rand (,)"
Value1 stands for the number of paragraphs you want to create and value 2 stands for the number of times you want the line 'The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog' to appear in te paragraph. P.E. if you use =rand(10,5) you would get 10 paragraphs, each contaning the line 5 times.
If typing in "=rand(200,99)", you would get 1 line in 1 paragraph and the other one; 200 paragraphs, each containing the line 99 times. It is used to create test documents. Quite handy if you need to create several pages of text for testing purposes.

Your Ad Here